Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Slightly Stir Crazy

My job lets me work from home a lot. The team I work with is very loose, my boss is up in Seattle, and we all generally work on our individual projects, anyways. I go in to the office on days when I have meetings that are actually based in San Jose (rare), or there's some hardware in the office that I actually need to bang on (less rare). But I'll sometimes only go into the office once or twice in a week.

Generally, I love working from home. No commute, save on gas money, make my own lunch, hang out with Bud during the day from time to time. I can stay in my pajamas all day if I want (although Nanny J is here). In general, I'm often more productive and more comfortable.

But there are days, like today, where I don't get out of the house at all. Usually it's just poor planning. There aren't any errands that need to be run; no appointments to meet. The closest I got to getting outside today was a couple of brief trips into the garage to add a few cardboard boxes to the recycling pile out there. And overall it leaves me a little unsettled.

By the time Bud's in bed it's too late to head out for a bike ride. Maybe I'll just go out for a run or something. Or just wait until tomorrow. But by tomorrow morning, I'll be chomping at the bit to get outside. Guess I'll head into the office tomorrow.

No comments: