Monday, June 11, 2007

Ten Years Ago

A meme! I got tagged for a meme (and noticed), so thought I would provide my twists on it here. Thanks to Crystal for the tag!

What Were You Doing 10 Years Ago?
Ten years ago I was about 6 months out of school. I was living with three other guys in a house in Mountain View, and we spent an awful lot of time playing Mario Kart 64 on a big TV. M-lady and I were considering moving in together, after having dated for a couple of years. I weighed about 10 pounds less than I do now. Which brings us to the first item:

Five Snacks You Enjoy
Of course, I've got high cholesterol issues now, so I don't get to eat these very often anymore.
  • Popcorn with real butter
  • Ice cream
  • Red Vines (these are OK... non-fat!)
  • Dry-roasted peanuts
  • Pringles

Five Songs That You Know All The Lyrics To
I have a really, really good memory for lyrics. M-lady thinks it's a little spooky sometimes. So I thought it would be more interesting to list five songs I know, but for which I don't know the lyrics.
  • Mein Hertz Brennt by Rammstein (don't know German)
  • Just Push Play by Aerosmith (Jamaican patois)
  • Louie, Louie by The Kingsmen (yeah, I'm not special on this one)
  • Don't Shoot, Shotgun by Def Leppard (intense mumbling on this track. seriously.)
  • Alegria by Cirque Du Soleil (made up language)

Five Things You Would Do If You Were A Millionaire
I took this to mean 'what would you do with so much money you didn't have to worry about it'. A million dollars only gets a reasonable down payment on a house around here. Let's say I was a billionaire.
  • Buy a big, new house in a good school district
  • Collecting sports cars
  • Collecting bicycles
  • Set up a dance and music studio/theater
  • Get a nice AV/home theater setup

  • Bonus item: philanthropy (cancer research and survivor foundations)

Five Bad Habits
  • Going to sleep really late
  • Getting up really late
  • Procrastinating
  • Letting my desk get ridiculously messy
  • Not paying attention to the calendar

Five Things You Like To Do
In no particular order...
  • Dance
  • Bike
  • Drive
  • Sleep
  • Game

Five Things You Would Never Wear Again
  • A mustache
  • A mullet
  • A singlet
  • Really bright bermuda shorts
  • Braces

Five Favorite Toys
This changes on at least a monthly basis

Five People to Tag
I don't know of five people to tag. So I'll just say... if you read this, and you want to do the meme, have at! Just drop me a line to let me know you did it.

Meme Track
Instructions: remove the blog from the top, move all the blogs up one, and add yourself to the bottom.

2 comments:

YF said...

love it... thanks.. it is funny to think of you as a young mazurka living with dudes and gaming all day.

Anonymous said...

ok, so I only know what two of your favorite toys even are!!! (guess which ones?)

what does meme mean???