Tuesday, April 18, 2006

New Bike

It's here! It's here! The waiting is finally over. My new bike frame arrived today, and the shop had it built up by evening. My brake calipers and seatpost are still on order, so I've got subs right now: the seatpost is a loaner from the shop, and the brakes I'm using are cannibalized from my old ride.

The frame is a Calfee Dragonfly (standard road geometry). And boy is it pretty. Mostly Campy Record components, with an FSA compact carbon crankset, Campy Eurus wheels, (eventually) Zero G brakes, Thomson seatpost and stem, Easton handlebars, and a SSM Aspide Arrowhead saddle. Some pics:

The bare frame in the shop


A closeup of the dropouts (machined titanium!)


And the bottom bracket


The first build up. The coming brake calipers will look much better.


The drivetrain


The sexy seattube cluster


The headtube cluster and stem


Can't wait to get some miles on it!

No comments: