Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Quick Bike Update

I got out for an 18 mile ride this evening. My first thought about the bike, about a mile in, was 'This thing really floats over the road'. Lots of vibration damping. My next thought, a few miles later, was 'This thing is really fast'. Maybe I'm just thinking it's fast, or maybe because my last few rides have been pulling Bud in a trailer, but it really seems to scream along. It coasts unbelievably well.

Shifting was a little tricky (getting used to Campy), and the front derailleur needs a little tuning - it was a little slow to get into the big ring, and I dropped the chain off the inside once. Can't wait to get the new brake calipers... my seatpost is supposed to be in tomorrow, so I'll take the bike in to swap out the post and the brake calipers will be all that's left.

No comments: